[rollei_list] Re: .. was Schott Glass, CZ "HFT" lenses for Rollei

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:35:03 +0100

About 25 years ago, I saw a 50mm f1.4 Planar T* being sold as a Rollei mount
lens in a quality photographic store. I did not take a close look but
thought it strange that if it was a Rollei lens, why T*? It may have been
incorrectly identified and described; been converted from Contax to Rollei
on the basis that it would be a Zeiss lens; or may be a repairer had put the
wrong lens ring on...

I then wondered about the possibility of converting Contax lenses to Rollei
mount and studied Tamron Adaptal mounts. I decided it was not practical,
although the mechanical lens components must be similar but just at a
different angle...

John