[rollei_list] Re: rollei_ WAS: My (Bob's) Photos, NOW: Epson 120 film holder

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:10:52 -0700

I'm glad you liked my photographs Aaron--thank you.Regarding the 120
film holder, I haven't had the problem you mention, probably because
the Ilford film I use is quite flat.A curly film like Forte might be
another matter.There is an aftermarket 120 holder for the Epson scanner
that takes a full strip of three frames and is supposed to be better
than the original. I use the original holder because I like to file my
negatives in strips of four. I can scan an entire roll in two parts
using that holder which is great for digital "contact sheets." While I
prefer printing in a wet darkroom, I don't miss making my contact
sheets there.

Bob Marvin