[rollei_list] Re: prove it !

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:38:13 -0500

On Thursday, March 31, 2005, at 12:08  AM, Kenneth Frazier wrote:

> peterk727@xxxxxxxxx (Peter K.) wrote:
>
>> Yes, they may not be as quiet, but many come close for a smaller
>> price.
>>
>> I would say you are paid quite well to buy an expensive toy like that.
>
> Like I said, I may be prejudiced.....
>
> And, when you reach my age, it's time to indulge a bit in expensive
> toys! :-)

Well, that's exactly it. If I owned a Leica I would probably keep it on
the shelf and look at it, occasionally hold it. It is a joy to hold and
behold. For photography in the rain I would use my Zorki, which I don't
mind if it falls or gets wet!

> And, it is true that there are many other cameras that "come close."
> But, as somebody once said, "close only counts in horseshoes or hand
> grenades."

Actually many cameras SURPASS Leicas in picture quality, starting with
Rolleis.

Cheers!

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir>