[rollei_list] Re: jerry : refrasede Completely OT- Loudspeaker info a pop up question

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:28:04 +0100

Thanks Jerry
All the speakers I have are "units" taken out of the cabinetts for one
reason or the other (not by me) all paired as in two 12" bass unit etc. and
two tweeter units but they may not come from the same set of speaker
cabinets - could be tweeters come from JBL model A and midtone speakers from
JBL model B - So it is not like I am going to ruin an exhisting set of
beutifull B&W speakers! It would be like putting my self above the allmighty
and for that there is only nemesis - SO TO GET BACK TO my initial question -
apart from the impedance thing that I need to get straitened out - can any
of you fine gentlemenn recommend a good book on building speakers ??? and
making cross over filters hov to calculate cross over filters ??? etc in
order to make some speakers that are plain nice to listen to and will not
ruin your amplifier ??? I am and will ot turn into a HI-FI use all my money
on gear freak (I spent it on lenses and cameras anyway) but I would like to
have some decent speakers in my own design - I will be trying to use two
older mono tube amplifiers so my listing preference would be more in terms
of soft and with great bokeh and not as crisp as the newest Zeiss lenses :-)
thanks Ruben