[rollei_list] Re: Completely OT- Loudspeaker info a pop up question

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:16:42 +0100

I see that you are talking loudspeakers and I have a couple of questions

1. On an amplifier it is often statet to use only 8 ohm speakers - I I have
a speaker unit and it mesures 8 ohm when an Ohm meter is attached to the + -
I guess it is ok - but what if there are more thant one speaker ?  or my
speaker set is only 4 Ohm - can you just put a resitant 4 ohm on the wire
and everything is cool ???
2. I have several boxes with speaker units, from jbl, cervin vega, pearless,
b&o, kef and b&w - I would like to built new cabinets and could use a guide
to both "spliting filters" - cabinet acoustics etc. Can you recommend books
on do it your self high end speakers ??

thanks and sorry for jumping into your thread

Ruben