[rollei_list] bloviating? - Re: Ikonta Film Spacing was Fuji/Bessa folder

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:07:53 -0400

Marc,

What's "bloviating" ? My Webster New Collegiate Dict. does not include it... ;-)

I would be glad to believe that frame spacing is not a common issue with the Super Ikonta and would have gladly liked to keep that BX Synchro Compur but the problem persisted. I absolutely detest even mild frame overlap and did not want to spend a cent more on that camera after it came back from HS!

Hope the next one is better even though it is a much simpler camera.
I really like the Tessars.
Jan

From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Film Spacing was Fuji/Bessa folder
Jan
This is yet another example of Henry's
bloviating.  There just is no film spacing issue
with Super Ikontas.  Our own Austin Franklin is
one of the more experienced students of the
breed, and we have a number of others over on the
Zeiss Ikon Collectors' Group, and nary a
discussion on film spacing have we had in over a
decade of fairly intensive discussions about Super Ikontas over there.

For that matter, I own two Prewar Super Ikonta
B's which I regularly shoot with modern emulsions
and with chromes.  Never had a spacing problem of any kind.