[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord IV with 220 Kodak TXP 320

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Ken:
           220 film has paper at the beginning of the roll and at the end of
the roll only, film does not have paper back and then the roll thickness is
similar regarding 120 film despite it is about twice longer, it allows that the
Rollei film advance mechanism works for 220.

Talking about the Rolleicord, the paper start guide has two marks, the first
one for "special equipment" and the second one for "standard cameras", you need
to choose the second mark aligning the arrows with the camera body red dots,
after to shut the camera back, you advance the film up to the number one and
operate the camera as always, the 'cord film advance knob becomes light in
comparison with 120 film due to the film paper back lack. After you took the
frame 12, _before to advance the film_, you need to open the camera back in
complete darkness, a film changing bag or even a bed with a thick blanket (if
you are careful) could be useful; with the counter in zero you advance the film
up to the number one again and Bob is your uncle as Marc writes.
It's necessary to wind up the roll completely before to open the camera back of
course, it is specially significant with 220 film.

For the Rolleiflex the only procedure difference is that you have the automat
film feeler mechanism to start the film, you don't need to align the start
paper, you load the film like for 120. BTW, the conjunction between paper, tape
and film start for this TXP is thinner than for any 120 film, I hope my 'flexes
detect the film start.
Thank you for your opinions Ken.

This is the developed 220 film drying:
http://itarphotos.blogspot.com/

Carlos

--- El vie 10-abr-09, Ken Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx> escribió:

>> > It could be interesting to note that while other
> cameras require a
> > dedicated back or to switch the pressure plate to 220,
>  Rollei TLR
> > cameras work perfect for 220 using the 120 film back
> adjustment:
>
> Carlos,
>
> These are some excellent shots, especially the "wet
> street" and the
> panorama of the bridge at night.
>
> Question:  I missed the post with the explanation for
> shooting 220 and
> the necessary adjustment.  Could you repost that for me,
> please?
>
> thanks,
>

> --
> Ken Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>