[rollei_list] Re: adjusting Rolleimeter to 2.8C... Works great!

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:29:38 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Choiliefan@xxxxxxx escribió:
> Carlos:
> Your help is greatly appreciated and everything
> worked out fine.  Can't
> understand why I had such a problem a week or so ago
> trying to read the scale, etc.
>  No excuse except perhaps a series of senior
> moments...

I'm glad it worked Lance.

> Apparently my scale is in meters and the disk lined
> up at 3 so slid the lever
> to 3 on the vernier and locked it in place.  Set
> infinity using the focus
> screen on a distant phone pole which I could barely
> make out and all seems to be
> set correctly now.

I think that the main reason for the different
adjustment numbers is that despite the same nominal
focal length, each lens (and front) panel has a
slightly different "travel" from infinity to the
closest focusing distance.

> As an aside, I'm leaning toward using the
> Rolleimeter since this 2.8C is very
> dim and getting harder to focus accurately even with
> a fresnel screen added.
> Been using a 2.8F with bright split prism(?) type
> screen which is a pleasure
> but I'm not partial to the sometimes unavoidable
> pentagonal shaped highlights
> in my pix.  My eyesight is failing and bi-focal
> eyeglasses have proven to be a
> real pain to work around but I don't have many
> options at the moment EXCEPT
> trying the Rolleimeter on the C...

I have the original focusing screen and mirror in my
2.8C, they are in good condition and working fine
despite you can see a slight darkening around the
edges. Before the last CLA two years ago I was
thinking to put a new focusing screen, however the
system had an almost incredible improvement after the
CLA, I think due to the technician cleaned the viewing
lens elements, this lens had a bit of haze; a minimal
haze is harmful for the lens performance.
The Rolleimeter is a very interesting telemeter that I
use for indoors photographs and difficult lighting
conditions and BTW it's even more useful if your
focusing screen became dim.

All the best

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar