[rollei_list] Re: Wierd!

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:56:14 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter J Nebergall" <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 10:46 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Wierd!

I just had a strange experience. When I processed a number of rolls of Freestyle 120 B&W, I noticed one of them had a fog across the eintire negative area, absolutely even, so not a light leak. Then I noticed there was a ghost detail of all the numbers from the back of the paper -- on the film! Is this X-ray fogging?. I have never seen anything like
this before.

Camera was Rolleiflex II with Triotar.....

Peter Nebergall

I have heard of the numbers showing up as images. I think Ilford had this problems several years ago. My memory is not clear but it was some sort of manufacturing problem. I don't know what film Freestyle currently sells as Arista but the roll film was Ilford for many years and may still be. If you still have the packages see if there is any sort of batch number on them. If its the kind of problem I think it is there may have been a bad run. I have never heard of X-ray producing this kind of fog. In fact, it generally produces an irregular fog of some sort.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx