[rollei_list] Re: Wierd!

  • From: aghalide@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:40:49 +0000

If  I remember correctly.....In the 1960s GAF had processing mailers for their
print film. a strangething took place. large batches of film sent in for
processing ended up badly fogged and ruined. they made all kinds of tests could
not determine the cause. Then they discovered that a good deed, hiring blind
workers during the evening shift when the cleanup took place, seeing workers
would turn on the lights to mop up was the cause. The blind workers didn't know
the diference...lights on or off. ed

-------------- Orediginal message from aghalide@xxxxxxx: --------------

in the 1980s Ilford sold some 125 speed film incorrectly packed and marked 400
speed.  They were not pleased--and exchanged it for the proper one.

Ed Meyers, formerly Executive Editor at Popular Photography Magazine