[rollei_list] WKHR: Keep the Music Alive

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "William D. O'Neil" <w.d.oneil@xxxxxxxxx>, pati Timmermann <pati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:34:54 -0400

There is a radio station located right outside of Chagrin Falls, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. They are remarkable for several reasons. One is that this station plays only Big Band and Siwing music. It can be heard on FM 91.5 FM in the Cleveland area or from, as many of us do, the computer. Another remarkable feature is that this is a non-NPR station: that is, they do NO news coverage and have no connection with anything other than the music. I am of Scottish heritage. and I do not give to charities of any sort. It is run by volunteers and, durijng the school year, by High School kids who almost always mispronounce the name of the ffelllows whose work they are playing.

I DO listen to WKHR, and so I give to keep the music alive.

This is a call for large donations. Keep the Music Alive! This is a call for small donations. Keep the Music Alive!

WKHR is unique and it is a free-enterprise answer to NPR, proving that., well, we can do this on our own. But, if you do not give, then the Music will stop. And that would be a sad thing for us all.

Go to:  <wkhr.org>  for details.  GIVE MONEY.  Keep the Music Alive!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!