[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Mount Everest

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:21:32 -0300

Marc, I have a lot of books on the Everest and mountaineering and I'm
a NG magazine collector, I have lot of NG articles on the matter  with
maps, different routes, photographs Everest expeditions history
including the 2003  special edition about the 1953 expedition
anniversary, the Hunt and Hillary direct report is not my only source.
34 years ago I climbed the Volcan Lanin, 3776m in the Patagonic Andes,
it was in summer and this is a mountain pretty easy to climb during
this season, I needn't axe and the like (I carried the equipment for
the case it was necessary) but it required physical preparation and a
good base camp and then I have a direct experience on mountaineering.

Carlos