[rollei_list] Re: Twin Lens Reflex manufacturer????

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:19:50 +0100

Thanks Peter,

It’s not a Montanus nor a Voigtländer...

http://www.tlr-cameras.com/German/Montanus.html

and

http://www.tlr-cameras.com/German/Voigtlander.html

This lists a lot of TLR cameras

Having magnified the photo about 4 times in Photoshop, three features stand
out; i) the very narrow joining piece between the viewing and taking lens; ii)
the straight bottom edge of the nameplate; iii) the shutter housing is black –
most cameras are partly chromed around the lens.

Ian Parker produced a manuscript for a book “Rollei Lookalikes” but it was
never completed. He has given me the original document which lists very many
TLR cameras – whether every one made I do not know. Unfortunately, not all have
photographs to accompany the descriptions. I have been through Ian’s catalogue
and cannot find a match in the photographs

John

On 26/09/2012 16:49, "Peter Mattei" <petermattei@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

Years ago, I remember seeing a similar camera at Samy's in LA.  It was a
Montana or Montanus...or something to that effect.  That's one possibility.
Also, didn't Voigtlaender have metal-forming that was faceted - as hinted by
the viewing hood top and the inside front of the case?  Well, there's two
possibilities.  Peter

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM, John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone know what make of camera Pedro Guerrero is holding?

http://www.architizer.com/en_us/blog/dyn/50906/pedro-guerrero-frank-lloyd-wr
ights-photographer-dies-at-95/

<//www.freelists.org>

<//www.freelists.org>