[rollei_list] Re: Test-roll-film for magazines

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:34:16 +0100

Ewe,

I use the backing paper from a home developed roll of film and use a white
chinagraph pencil to mark the black surface. It is accurate enough to check the
function. Alternatively, fix some masking tape along the length where the film
should be – you can see the start from the tape – and run that through. The
masking tape would be approximately the same thickness as film. The length of
the film – without actually measuring one -  is about 13 plus frames plus
11x5mm = approx 790mm.

John

On 26/09/2012 16:26, "Uwe Wolfgang Steinke" <paintingwithlenses@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi
has anyone tried to make a testfilm - only paper - to check if a magazine
transports right?
I'd just put it in to my different magazines, take 12 photos and draw 2 lines
with a pencil on the paper (on one top, one on the bottom) after taking the
magazine off and removing the slide.
After the "film" is through, I'd unroll it and see whether the distances are
good or not.

My question now is, how long exactly should the papers be and how thick? Or
wouldn't that work at all?

Uwe