[rollei_list] Re: The old Xenotar

  • From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 03:33:42 +0000

Allen, that's very well put. I've been experiencing some of that with my
Olympus compact rangefinder, my first rangefinder, and I can see how you're
argument has merit. But damn it, you're making me want a Leica!

As to the noise digicams make, Richard, I understand, of course. I just heard
one the other day that sounded just like an SLR (and it was the size of
business card). You have to admit it's a little funny that they sampled a
mechanical camera, when a perfectly digital blip would do. I think it's funny,
I guess I haven't shed my stick-in-the mud, mean modernist streak.

E.

From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>