[rollei_list] Re: The Rolleicord, with Xenar Schneider lens

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:20:22 -0400

Carlos, I’ve been working on that lately.  The Ohio State University chief
archivist has invited me to assign all the materials to their institution,
whose interns will do all the work of compiling, filing, whatever these people
do.  All I have to do is give them posession.  Even though I would retain
copyright, I just can’t let go.

Another reason I liked the V was that the EVS system was not locked and could
be ignored, if necessary.  Later models had the functions coupled.  You’d have
to press in on a tab to unlock it, something of a nuisance.  But I never had an
opportunity to handle a IV, and now it is irrelevant.
Initially, I went for Rolleicords rather than 'flexes because they were more
affordable, but in time I got to appreciate their virtues and actually
preferred them for many purposes.  In the end, I transitioned to ‘flexes, which
I used happily until succumbing to the digital.  I still have the one MX-EVS,
and maybe one day will take it out for another spin.  Something else hard to
let go.

Allen