[rollei_list] SL66 & Rollei TLR sighting

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:16:20 +0200

Hi Folks,

I am back into SL66 since yesterday, with a fairly late SL66 (Nr. 2925155) with
2.8/80mm HFT Planar (Nr. 8059443) and a nice 5.6/250 HFT Sonnar.  The camera is
in overall good condition but the top part of the stop-down lever plastic
handle on the lens standards is broken off (sharp).  Part of the (good!) deal
were a 2nd magazine, a set of extension tubes, a single plate holder, Rollei
tripod quick release, Luminar adapter, instr. book and several B&W filters.

One problem I found is that the 2.8/80mm Planar does not stop down reliably.
Probably the spring got weak or it needs a  cleaning.  I wrote to DHW for a
rough CLA estimate and should probably send both camera and lens for a CLA.  --
A brighter (Maxwell or Rollei) screen would be nice too.

Anyone have other recommendations for fast and reasonable service in Germany?
I know Paepke in Düsseldorf is good but also $$$.

I am shooting a test roll right now to see if there are other problems with
film transport or shutter. Can't wait to do some serious portait, macro and
landscape work with this camera.

Finally a TLR sighting at many branches of the "Deutsche Bank" here advertising
credit.  Online at:
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/content/privatkunden/produktshop_privatkredit.html?kid=e.7063.95.81

Looks like a 2.8 E or F to me.  Not sure what the message is supposed to be
here.

Keep shooting folks,
Jan