[rollei_list] Rotting Rollei Cases

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "New Rollei List" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:49:42 -0700

I just came back from a trip to Jo-Ann, the fabric place. I wanted to get some materials to fix up the leather headband from a pair of old military headphones. The sales lady there told me _never_ to use cotton or cotton and polyester mix thread on leather because something in it would rot the leather! This seems to be well known to people versed in the art as the patents say. I was able to get some pure polyester thread which is OK. Tandy Leather has the right stuff but is far away and it was late in the day. Now, was Rollei unaware of the problem or perhaps the right thread was unavailable or they got defective stuff, who knows after all this time.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA