[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimagic and filters

  • From: Robert Meier <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:33:09 -0500 (CDT)

John,

Alas, that's what I feared. I shall pack it up and send it back to Paul Ebel.

Bob

On Apr 28, 2009, at 12:48 PM, John Wild wrote:

 Bob,

I apologise; I was wrong. My meter needle DOES move when I turn the
filter.

I have checked the repair manual and there is a plate which operates on
a cam when the filter is rotated.

I sent my Rolleimagic II to have the shutter cleaned and when it came
back, the dials had not been aligned properly on re-assembly. Obviously
the repairer did not have a manual so did not align them before
disassembling the front plate. I took the cover off, realigned the dials per the manual and put it back together and all was fine. I felt that if the repairman could not do it in the first place, there was no point in
taking it back to him to correct. It could be that, because of the
complex couplings behind the frontplate, that the compensation movement has not engaged properly with the metering mechanism. It is a bit of a
'fiddle' to get it back together.

Sorry to have been misleading

John

John,

That is good news.   I look forward to hearing from you after you
have checked your 'magic.
I have to try a roll of film in it.

Thanks,
Bob
On Apr 28, 2009, at 11:54 AM, John Wild wrote:

Robert,

I think that you will find that the visible meter needle just shows
the light level as an indicator to show if there is enough light. The
'other end of the needle' operates the shutter speed. Does it move if

you change the ISO setting?

I think that the compensation operates 'internally' directly on the
shutter speed. I cannot remember without actually looking at mine, but

I will check later and let you know.

There is a manual at:
 http://www.cameramanuals.org/rolleiflex/rollei_magic.pdf

John