[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 2.8E value and Maxwell screens.

  • From: "Marvin Wallace" <Marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:38:19 -0700

There are no hard and fast rules for buying and selling. The seller will try
to get what they can and the buyer will try to get a bargain.

As for focusing screens, a very very bright screen is good for dim
conditions. However in moderate and bright conditions I have found that the
contrast can be way too high to produce a useful image on the screen. The
image is "burnt out as it were".
I have arrived at this hypothesis based on the fact that I use the Zone
system; one of the inherent beauties of the TLR is that it allows you to see
the finished print on the screen as it were "pre-visualized" If the screen
is too bright you gain too much contrast, and you loose your visual aid
which is the screen.
Regards,
Marvin.