[rollei_list] Rollei tripods

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 00:12:41 -0300

2010/12/26 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
> After the decision about to abort the Circular Tripod Head and Tripod
> legs project commented yesterday, F&H Rollei no longer developed a
> tripod for their cameras, however they were interested about them and
> in 1977 the Japanese company "Heiwa Seiki Kogyo" (now Libec-Heiwa
> Seiki Kogyo: http://www.libec.co.jp/int/index.php) was chosen to
> manufacture tripods branded as "Rollei", they were produced up to
> 1981. These tripods were provided with any kind of movement and
> graduated plates for rotating and sideways tilt step-by-step lockable
> movements, their height was 63cm folded and 178cm unfolded. There were
> four similar models with slight differences: RT1 "Popolar"; RT2
> "Custom"; RT3 "Special" and RT4 "Deluxe".
> In 1994 Rollei Fototechnic had an agreement with the German company
> "Berlebach" to produce Rollei wood tripods, there are three different
> models, the biggest one "PT 145" , it has 97cm folded and 145cm
> unfolded, its weight is 7500gr., pretty heavy.
> Yesterday I bought a Rollei tripod RT4 "Deluxe", it seems to be in
> good condition, but I'll see the real condition when I receive it.-

I have received today the Rollei tripod RT4 "Deluxe", it's a tripod
about 30 years old,  it looks good indeed but had its use of course.
The construction is very robust,100% metal made, it has some rubber
for the feet, they have a metal thread where you can screw deeper the
rubber feet to use the metal where the rubber could slip. The legs
have metal clamps and the central column can be raised 30 cm and
tightened very firmly. The tripod head has several movements with
scales to tilt the camera support to the left or to the right and
other scale to rotate this support up to 360º, it can also be moved
up-down. The tripod is painted black and the frontal plate with the
scale to tilt the camera support says "Rollei" and below "Deluxe".
According I could see in the web these Rollei tripods are pretty rare
really.
I put the SL 66 on it and this is THE tripod for that camera.-