[rollei_list] Re: Rollei projector focus misalignment

  • From: "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:48:01 -0700

Just an update on the outcome of this issue: I tried to bend some metal tabs
that align the slide in its carriage. This helped a bit but caused some
intermittent jamming.

I bought a P350 AF on Ebay for $50 including shipping. It doesn't appear to
have ever been used. There was no plug on the line cord and the voltage was
set to 220V which is not used for household circuits in the USA. The remote
was still in a sealed bag. The grease on the gears was still soft (I had had
to clean and re-lubricate my old P35). The fan was a bit noisy so I put a
drop of sewing machine oil on its bearing and that quieted it down.

It works like new. The autofocus is fast and sure. The image is sharp from
side to side. The advantage of the S-Projar is seen mainly in the
highlights. The slides seem to sparkle now and have more depth.

It is nice to have a good projector again but it is sad to retire the old
P35 which gave faithful service for 44 years.

Allan