[rollei_list] Re: Rollei projector focus misalignment

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 09:21:33 -0300

Allan:
           My Rollei P355 autofocus manual says that if the picture
_brightness_ is insufficient or unequal, the cause is a very dirty
optical system and you need to clean all glass part, including lens
and mirror; however you are talking about _focus_ differences from
left to right, it would be a more serious problem, if this is the
case, I can't help about it. The Rollei-S-Projar f/2.5/90mm is a
better lens than the standard Projar 2.8/85, the manual recommends to
use the 90mm lens "...as a fast special lens with superior
resolution."

It's difficult to say if one Rollei projector model is better than
other Rollei projector model talking about the construction quality,
Rollei manufactured several models simultaneously and some of them
under different brand names for other companies,  but you can find
differences for the features of course. Your Rollei P35 A projector
was made from August 1968 to the beginning of 1975 by Rollei Germany
and Rollei Singapore, it does not have autofocus, there was a
simultaneous autofocus model made from 1970 to 1975 called "Rollei P
35 autofocus". One of the  last 35mm projectors models manufactured by
Rollei-Werke F&H was my Rollei P355 Autofocus, manufactured from April
1978 to middle 1981 by Rollei Singapore and Rollei Germany (mine was
made in Germany). You need an initial manual basic focusing initially,
the autofocus works afterward for focusing correction during the
projection with an indicator showing the function, you can program the
automatic slides change from 4 sec to 30 sec or to do it manually. The
P 350 is a bit older than the P 355, it was made from August 1974 to
the beginning of 1980.
Two of my older children have the P355 now, I never had a problem when
I used it. now I have the P11 to project 6x6 and 35mm slides., anyway
I shot MF during these lasts years talking about slides, except for
one 35mm roll, I'm waiting to use the Rollei/Agfa aerial 35mm slides I
have in the refrigerator..

Carlos.