[rollei_list] Rollei lenses adaption R&D

  • From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:13:00 +0000

Hi,

we recently had a discussion about the registration distance of the QBM lenses.
I got now additional confirmation from the former Rollei optical designer that
it is 44,50 mm.
He recommends to keep lower than 1/100 mm accuracy for any adaption of QBM
lenses, say to Canon EOS  bajonett to maintain exact infinity focus.
Anyway, my adaption work and adjustment makes some progress, and I am
optimistic, that after more 2 years of struggle due to the wrong 44,60 mm
information from Wikipedia and other sites,  I finally will obtain the
excellent results with my Zeiss and Rolleinar Lenses on my full frame Kodak
camera, which I expected from the beginning but  did not reach so far.
So I will let finish the adapter to a thickness of 0,50 +0,000/-0,005 mm. And I
am currently adjusting and calibrating the manual and autofocus system of the
camera, which is also a hazzle, concerning you want  a point sharp image with
the 85/1,4 Planar at f 1,4.
One major problem is, that the lens has a focus shift depending on the aperture.

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt