[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Planars

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:10:41 -0400

Lenses vary among types and from one sample to another, but the Tessar
and Xenotar should both give @ equivalent results at f 11.  At smaller
apertures, a comparison between them should demonstrate a little more
contrast from the Tessar and of the Xenotar a bit more resolution.  The
Xenotar should be sharper at wider openings and also render a flatter
field.  Other differences I regard as of character, not quality.  If
they are great it could be anything from misalignment to subtle
clouding of the Tessar lens elements (you would have noticed major gunk
on the glass if it were that).

Allen Zak