[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S and the Sonnar 2.8/40

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 15:11:27 -0600

At 01:47 PM 11/20/2013, you wrote:
The Rollei 35 is a "great little giant" which deservers to be used regular!

Kind regards,

Volker

I wish I had bought one when I could have.  Too late now.

I once met

David Breashears who topped Everest twice, once making the famous Imax film on the climb where so many folks died.

It was at a book signing I believe, and someone in the group had a Rollei 35. David asked him to bring it up so he could show it to the folks, as his favorite camera.

In one of his books there is a picture of David on the top of the mountain, with his gloves off, changing the film in the special Imax camera they used. I would guess they were made with the Rollei.

DAW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Breashears