[rollei_list] Re: Repair wait, was: Maxwell screen for my 2.8E?

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:49:29 -0400

Very true. But nothing compared to H. Scherer. My Super Ikonta is in the 10th month with him on sth. like place 18 in his queue (sent last October). If I am lucky I will have in November. It's okay as long as you are prepared for it. You can even reserve a space on his waiting list for a Contax etc. while you are still using it.

We should start a foundation to train some new repair people with these last great masters...;-)
Jan

====

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:29:38 -0500
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Maxwell screen for my 2.8E? Should I do

This is why it is necessary to have more than one Rolleiflex and more
than one Leica. Fleenor takes 3-4 months with a Rollei, and DAG takes
3-4 months with a Leica. There just aren't enough of those guys out
there. Bill Maxwell took so long with my Rollei, I wrote to him and
told me to send it back!

--- Rollei List