[rollei_list] Re: Prochnow Voigtländer Report 1

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:16:02 -0800

>snippet<
> and MARC JAMES SMALL, but for anyone interested in Voigtländer 35mm
> cameras from this period, this is at least the equal of the Rollei
> Reports! Since I keep a Vitomatic in my office desk to photograph
> visiting delegations, this was most interesting (and when I get around
> to it, I will probably do alot of updates to the Voigtländer selection
> at http://www.johnandlisa.us/john/index.html). 35.80 Euros, published by
> the author, ISBN 3-00-011867-5 and available from amazon.de
> (http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3000118675/028-1545666-9101339).
>
> You have to be able to read German though.

I still have the solid Voigtländer Vito BL with Color-Skopar 2.8 50mm lens
and Prontor-SVS shutter I started out with as a teen in the 60's and am
slightly dismayed at the "Voigtländer" ads one sees in the shutterbug or
eBay and other places in which its really unclear and it helps to be very
familiar with the stuff as to what is being sold if its a recent made Cosina
budged Voigtländer or a real metal Voigtländer for days gone by.

I imagine the dismay of some old timers thinking they're ordering a camera
like that of their youth and opening the box and seeing and handling one of
these new fangled plastic jobs from somewhere other than Germany or Europe
but not having the slightest verisimilitude of Voigtländer feel or
engineering or design or marketing or packaging or...

Voigtländer accountability!?!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon