[rollei_list] Re: Press Cards (slightly Rollei related)

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:00:15 -0400

At 05:48 PM 9/23/05 -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Marc,
>
>Have you been in a cave and not heard of Ronald Reagan
>and Richard Nixon?  To you they must seem like hammer and sickle
>waving liberals, right?

Well, yes.

Reagan's definition was best explained in Goldwater's denunciation of him
in 1991 which stated the reality that we had always known, that Reagan
spoke the speech but failed to walk the walk and was no conservative.  And
by what lapse of reason would you every recgard Richard Nixon as a
conservative when his own party saw him as a clown of the left?  Imposing
price controls is hardly a right-wing thing:  that sort of guimmit control
belongs to the Left.  Reagan was a recovering communist, and Nixon was a
non-recovering Marxist.  Both acknowledged the need for them to acceept BIG
gummit programs to ensure re-election and so their visions became reality,
to the harm of this nation.

The only true Conservatie Cheif Executive this nation has had was Calvin
Coolidge and damn it, but I wish a modern version of him would run today.

And don't ask my son about this, as he is much more intense than I am on
the issue!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!