[rollei_list] Re: OT: Veggie Nutsos

  • From: Gene Johnson <genej2ster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:52:12 -0700

Marc,

There really are some very good reasons for being a vegetarian. Being one does not make anyone a nutso. World population is predicted to peak at around 9.2 billion by 2050 and we're already having trouble feeding what we have. Something like 16 pounds of grain go into a pound of beef, iirc, 4 pounds for a pound of chicken. There are environmental benefits, too. I've not quit all meat eating, but I have reduced it a great deal. I also try to eat chicken instead of beef and avoid endangered species like big tunas. To each their own though. Just saying there's logical reasons an intelligent person might decide to be a vegetarian.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2010, at 3:09 AM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 04:13 AM 3/19/2010, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>A guy I know who's a better photographer them I am is on a Cave man diet. >He doest eat anything a cave man does not eat. Has lost ten pounds already. >There's a lot of reasons to not eat meat though. Like a dozen. Two dozen.
>Political. Economic.

This is bunk, Mark. If you choose to cheat yourself, more power to you. But do not suggest that you lunacy is some sort of norm for the rest of us.

Meat tastes great. Vegetables taste awful. Go figure, and, pray, do not try to suggest that I adopt your nutso clinical doings.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!