[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: Is the RUG still up? 620 film foolery

  • From: Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:45:18 -0800 (PST)

It gets worse. There are Anastars that are three element
triplets and anastars that are triplets in the tessar sense
of cemented elements.  Doing the flashlight test would seem
to indicate four elements but on the other hand there are
Anastars with a lesser shutter with speeds only to 1/300
second. Possibly this less expensive model had a standard
triplet.

Kodak never defined Anastars, Ektars, etc and used the same
names for a variety of lens designs. This is no surprise
really: weren't they the people who said you push the
button and leave the rest to us?

The model with a Xenar must have been meant to be higher
priced version.

Still, nice small cameras.

Jerry

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs