[rollei_list] Re: OT Pyro & other developers WAS:Rollei Retro Film

  • From: "Jeff Kelley" <jlkphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:37:39 -0800

Richard, thanks for the detailed info.  You wrote "All ancient history" in
your reply but there has been somewhat of a revival of interest in B&W and
various newer formulae, especially Pyro variations.
For example, 510-Pyro from Jay DeFehr gets rave reviews from most users:
 ascorbic acid 5g
pyrogallol 10g
phenidone .25g
Triethanolamine 100ml

The concentrate apparently has near infinite shelf life vs. other Pyro
developers.  The above concentrate is mixed 1:100 with water for a one-shot
staining developer.

I've mixed up a batch but have not had a chance to try it yet.
Jeff