[rollei_list] Re: OT: Political Labels

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:44:28 -0400

At 08:47 PM 4/21/05 -0400, Eric Goldstein wrote:
>Marc James Small:
>
>> The Right now consists of a mixture of economic conservatives (tax cuts=
 and
>> no government) (snipped)
>

>You'd be hard pressed to argue this definition in the US. We now have=
 record
>big government (in terms of structural size/employees), record government
>spending (even backing out war costs), and record deficits in the 5th year
>or a solidly right wing administration...

Eric

Please read the REST of my post.  The economic and philosophic
conservatives are most opposed to the current economic structure of the US
government (for example, tune in and listen to Neal Boortz tomorrow morning
for a rather pro-active statement of the position that the current
administration is a threat to US economic success and personal liberty). =20

Note:  I am personally about as right-wing as you can get, and I did NOT
vote for Geo. W. Bush for President either in 2000 or in 2004.  I feel that
the war in Iraq is a huge mistake and felt so before we went there.  I have
a military background and several units with which I served in the Reserves
have been activated and deployed, so, yes, I stand behind the troops.  But
I feel that the entire Bush Administration is a disaster though, thank
heavens, it is not the disaster-with-constant-comedy which was the mark of
the previous regime.

Bring back Calvin Coolidge, America's most outstanding President:  this was
the man who did nothing when nothing needed to be done and did not generate
crises where none existed.  And, when some twerp of a reporter asked him
why the Allies should repay their war debts, he didn't waffle:  "they
borrowed the money, didn't they?"  Wouldn't it be great to have a Chief
Executive who could be so frank today?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!