[rollei_list] OT: Lightmeter

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 21:12:42 -0300

I bought a brand new Sekonic L-208 lightmeter; it's the simplest
lightmeter you could imagine, but it's very compact and you can handle
it with one hand, it has a silicon photo diode as light receiving
element . I needed a small lightmeter because the very complete Gossen
Luna Pro F is too big for some situations (it's bigger than the Rollei
35). I don't use lightmeters very much, I use experience and exposure
tables in general, however they are really useful for indoors
photography with natural and artificial light.

This little lightmeter has two interesting points:
1) It comes with a shoe to fit it in the camera accesories shoe if you
want to do it, this way you measure the reflected light almost from
the lens position, the lightmeter shoe has three holes to align it
with the lens. The measurement angle is 33º.

2) The shutter speeds scale has marks for 1/5, 1/10, 1/25, 1/50,
1/100, 1/200, 1/400 and 1/800sec beside the regular numbers and the f
stop scale has intermediate marks between the regular numbers. They
help for a more exact exposure setting if you have old cameras like
the 2.8C , 'cord IV, Voss Diax IIa RF, Contax II etcetera with some
shutter speeds using the older numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0blZgtwUVKQ