[rollei_list] Re: OT Infared film and shooting with it.

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:31:31 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:35 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT Infared film and shooting with it.

Thanks for this interesting and accurate post...

Speaking of dead nomenclature, we have yet to cover the Weston, GE and
GOST standards!

Eric Goldstein

--
I think I may have something on GOST somewhere and I do have a description of the Weston method. I have never been able to anything on the General Electric method although the is probably something in the literature. The important thing about Weston is that they had the first independant speed testing program. Previous systems were open to cheating by the film manufacturers who sometimes made their films seem faster than they were. Weston, and I think GE, did the testing themselves. I will write more about this later. I've just come home from work and am fried.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx