[rollei_list] Re: OT: Death Taxes, Yet Again

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:48:06 -0500

My own view is that The Economist is neo-liberal at best, and often
petty conservative...

Thanks for the references on origins of Death Tax, Marc, and duly
noted... now I have one for you. Check out Frank Luntz, high level
conservative republican consultant, who is pretty much responsible for
the GOP adopting the term "Death Tax" in dealing this issue out over
the past few political cycles. I think you will see why in this
instance and context I call it a term of political
opportunism/sensationalism...

Eric Goldstein