[rollei_list] OT: Death Taxes, Yet Again

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:45:33 -0500

At 10:25 AM 12/3/2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:

As for who uses the term "Death Tax," please find me an example of a progressive using that term. It is solely within the vocabulary of right wing talk show bloviators/politicians...

Try the British legal system, wherein our estate taxes are death duties. The term, "death taxes" is the customary verbiage used, incidentally, by THE ECONOMIST -- a Left-Wing Rag -- to discuss estate taxes.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!