[rollei_list] Re: New "old" Rollei 35 - what about the collectors ?

  • From: J Patric Dahlén <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:47:10 +0000

I mean the fourth version with bayonet on the taking lens. Little more than 2000 of them were made between 1938-41. Mine was made in 1938. Not extremely rare, but I don't think many of them are in use today.

/Patric

From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>

17394 4x4 Sports Rolleiflex units were manufactured from 1931 to 1944,
I don't think they are a small number Patric. The second and third
versions provided with the Tessar 3.5/60 were produced for small
numbers, however the units provided with the Tessar 2.8/60 were
manufactured for interesting quantities like the fourth version.
Users requests for these cameras were very strong initially but the
enthusiasm decreased afterwards and then the production decreased too.

Interesting to note that the viewing lens for these cameras were
provided by OAS (Zeiss) or Steinheil indistinctly. The case for the
Rolleiflex  6x6 was different because only the Standard New viewing
lens was provided by Steinheil as we commented with marc some days
ago.-

All the best
Carlos

2007/3/28, J Patric Dahlén <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
The only special edition Rollei I would like to own is the 2,8F Aurum, but
using it would certainly wear the soft gold. It's very pretty.

The "rare" Rolleis I like the most, though, are the ones made in small
numbers with a natural reason behind that. Like the 4x4 Sports Rolleiflex,
which is an excellent USER camera.

/Patric

Fräscha middagstips på MSN http://arla.msn.se/

Upptäck kärleken på MSN http://match.se.msn.com/channel/index.aspx?trackingid=1002962