[rollei_list] Re: More southern mountains with Rollei

  • From: Sanders McNew <sanders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 08:35:28 -0400

Carlos, I very much liked your photos. Our own Southern mountains, the
Appalachians, are not even one-quarter the height of your Andes. They are
"respectable," as you say, only by their age, and the plants and wildlife they
shelter, and the people who inhabit them.  I recently posted a portrait I made
of Melanie's grandmother, with some words that tried to capture an aspect of
Appalachian life that has gone missing among us flatlanders.

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandersnyc/5719966773/

Thanks for sharing yours -- much appreciated, much enjoyed.

Sent from my iPad