[rollei_list] Re: More FX, new S-Apogon lens for the FX

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:41:54 -0300

2011/12/18 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I wrote "it seems..." about the FX "new" lens, I was recalling  I
> asked DHW about the "S-Apogon" lens for the Rollei 35 and they
> answered:
>
> "Dear Carlos,
> "The Rollei 35 lens is based on the CZ Sonnar 2,8/40mm
> "Best regards"
>
> I became convinced from this mail the S-Apogon for the FX was also the
> Planar labeled "S-Apogon", it's necessary more specific info about the
> "new" FX, the seller could confuse the item description and the lens
> is the same Planar with other name.

I asked the seller about the FX "new version" bayonet and lens, I
wrote him the bayonet looked  III and not IV, his first answer was:

"Dear fcarlosmanuel,

Hi, it is a new type Rolleiflex 2.8 FX w/ S-apogon 80mm f/2.8 HFT with
size IV filter bayonet. It is new product, just arrival from Dec,
2011!

thank you"!

However, some minutes later, the answer was:

"Dear fcarlosmanuel,

Yes, I confirm that it is still bay III, same as old version.

thanks"

It's evident he confused the camera description, I also think he
thought the lens is a new one due to the "S" for Schneider like the
lenses for the FW and FT and "APO type" for "Apogon", but Rollei had
lenses "S- Apogon" in the past meaning "Super Apogon", it does not
mean they were or they are Schneider lenses or Apochromatic lenses
(DIN standard or not), it clearly looks this lens for the FX "new
version" made by DHW Fototechnik is the Planar 2.8/80 with other name
due to Planar name use license issues. In spite of the clarification,
he did not correct the error in the auction yet and my question and
the answer does not appear in the page yet.