[rollei_list] Re: Meters and Film

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:47:56 -0400

At 03:31 PM 9/3/2009, Carlos wrote:
>Marc, the lightmeter did not work and it came working right from
>Harry, the lightmeter started to fail one year later, but I'll do the
>mechanical overhauling suggested by Richard. BTW there are more
>Rolleiflexes  with no working meter than with working meter today.

That may be so, but it certainly has not been my own experience -- I have owned over 20 TLR's with meters, and every one worked and worked well. If it is true, it is because folks like you and Todd tell the owners that the meters are "unrepairable" or "not worth fixing".

Bear in mind that selenium more closely matches the frequency range of film than do other substrates such as CDS or SPD or Gallium Arsenide. A selenium meter is delightfully accurate and is a worthy adjunct to daylight photography.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!