[rollei_list] Re: Jeffrey Smith and Those "Silly Millimeters"

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:05:46 -0400

At 03:50 PM 8/28/2006, siufai@xxxxxx wrote:

> Yes, all T's, Rolleimagic, and New Standard
> cameras use Bayonet I.

The RolleiMagics (both models) actually have Bayonet II with the 45mm lens
distance, same as the 3.5F. The same caps also fit the 2.8A although I think
that original cap may not be a foldable chrome one as come with the 3.5F and
definately not the non-foldable plastic one that comes with the Magics. Those
wider caps also fits the 3.5E3, so basically the 3.5E and the 3.5E2 are the
only exceptions that uses the narrow cap and Mutar rings.

Siu Fai

Argh! I'm the fellow who always chides the List for posting information without checking it, and here I sit, smoke all over my face, charred clothing, my hair in tatters, as I have been hoist by my own petard, I fear! (Francophones take note of the literal, as well as the idiomatic, meaning!)

I oughta, shoulda looked it up. And I had Prochnow II on my desk but I really honestly thought I knew!

Thanks for the prompt clarification and correction.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!