[rollei_list] Re: JOBO film developer questions

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 08:51:09 +0100

Hello !
If I'm not mistaken, the Jobo has a mean to get and maintain the proper
temperature. So if I'm right, you do not need to get the water at the
correct temp with a 0.1 ° c accuracy.
So you'd better buy a shower thermostatic faucet. These are pretty
precise (even if badly calibrated in the factory) and really cheap. Bear
in mind that any device need a hot water staying in narrow temperature
margin if you want the output to stay at a constant temp.
I use a couple of these faucet in my darkroom, one bought for less than
20 € and the other (more complex as it is a bath and shower model) for
less than 50 € so.......
Look at the Jobo specs to find out the required temperature precision.
Just my 2 cents.

--
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
                Abraham Maslow