[rollei_list] Re: Is the RD1s much better is the M8 a worth while leap in cost

  • From: Frederic <fsilberman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:37:30 -0400

Can anyone tell me about their experience with the RD1. I have been looking at
them for a while and would now like to buy one.
Is the RD1s much better is the M8 a worth while leap in cost.
Regards,
Marvin Wallace.

Hi Marvin,

I've only used the M8. It has a few more mp & less crop factor. The M8 is 1.33.
So you're 50 = 66 and 35 = 46mm

I think the RD1 is 1.5 crop factor?

You can find demo M8's at more reasonable prices now. You should try to shoot
with them both if possible. Cameras are a personal & subjective thing.

Best,

Frederic