[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Film Spacing was Fuji/Bessa

  • From: J Patric Dahlén <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:00:51 +0000

> From: dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     The question is why the B version allows only 11
> pictures on the roll. The winding mechanism on the BX must
> be different because it allows 12 pictures. I just wondered
> what the differences were in the mechanism. I understand
> Rolleis pretty well but have never seen much on what's
> inside the Super Ikonta.

When did the Super Ikonta B for 11 pictures come on the market? Was it when
120-film (B2) didn't have markings for 6x6 on the backing paper? If so, the
camera would have a red window for 6x9 only, for winding to (1) before engaging
the frame counter. Maybe Zeiss Ikon wanted more space on the roll to be sure
that every B2-film on the market could be used, because I guess film and paper
thickness wasn't the same for all brands. Just a theory.

The original Rolleiflex was made for 117-film (B1) that had markings for 6x6,
and if you wanted to use 120-film (B2) that only had markings for 6x9, you had
to have the camera modified with a mechanical counter and a new red window on
the bottom (and the film chamber milled up a bit to fit the larger spool).

/Patric

Vi vet vem du passar ihop med! Klicka här för att få veta!
http://dejting.se.msn.com/channel/index.aspx?trackingid=1002952