[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Film Spacing was Fuji/Bessa

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:04:36 -0400

Hi Jan,

> it is a 6 x 4.5

In the Super Ikonta version, these (and the SI 6x9s) use the film window to
regulate the film advance, so you should have no worry about frame overlap
on those.

> Never understood the 11-frames model.

It would seem to me that the reason for 11 frames was to make the BX more
attractive.  There is nothing inherent in the mechanism that couldn't have
been designed for 12 frames...after all, they did it on the BX.

I never thought about seeing if I could retrofit the frame advance on the B
with the mechanism from the BX.  Hum.  Couldn't be that easy...

Regards,

Austin