[rollei_list] Re: Great movie based on WEEGEE...

  • From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:13:12 -0500 (EST)

Good movie, but I met the guy a number of times. Simon Nathan actually worked with the guy in the early 1940s. Weegee was a darkroom person at Acme photo when Simon was a shooter of pics. I met Weegee in Cologne Germany at a dinner where Weeg tried to make our with my friend's wife.
Then I bumped into him a few times in Manhattan when I was technical editor at Modern Photography magazine. My office was on 46 St and Broadway very close to the shop where Weegee had his glass prisms made. Ed

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Jim Brick wrote:

There's a gaggle of them for sale on Amazon - some as low as $.01 .

I bought one. I like Joe Pesci. And I grew up seeing a lot of Weegee's stuff.

Jim

At 06:08 PM 12/16/2005, John Jensen wrote:

I also did a Netflix search.  Then I did a Google
search and all I could find is that there is/was a VHS
tape released of it.

John

--- Rollei List