[rollei_list] Re: Great movie based on WEEGEE...

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:09:30 -0800 (PST)

I can finally put this back in circulation.  When I
got the video tape from Don Williams I found that my
VCR was non-functioning.  I had to find a
like-replacement (which I did via ebay) and I viewed
it last night.

The link below has a review.  It is quite a good
movie.  The character is a Weegee-type.  Think of the
story-line as being 'The Godfather' with cameras
thrown in.  Speed Graphic, an Exakta, and a folding
camera (120/620 size?).

The arrangement with Don Williams is that this movie
gets passed around to anyone in RUG who wants it.  You
have to pass it on to the next person (and pay that
postage).  I'll send it on to the first person who
asks for it.

John

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19921014/REVIEWS/210140301/1023