[rollei_list] Re: FM2 meets my needs was Not My Definition of a Thoroughbred (Re: Nikon vs. Leica)

  • From: "Douglas Shea" <dshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:12:57 -0600

I would not categorically embrace or dismiss any lens manufacturer,
including the venerable Zeiss. Nikon has had its share of success; try
finding a 300/2 Nikkor that hasn't been snatched up by a cinematographer.
They're not having them converted for use in their business because they are
cheap and plentiful. I still use a 58/1.2 NOCT on my Alpas and under the
conditions the lens was designed for I've found nothing that compares. Same
with the 16/3.5 Fisheye, and more than a few other exceptional Nikkor
lenses. Which does not take anything away from Zeiss or Canon, but I for one
do believe Nikon has made some extremely fine lenses.

Doug