[rollei_list] FM2 meets my needs was Not My Definition of a Thoroughbred (Re: Nikon vs. Leica)

  • From: mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:27:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I have perhaps 8-10 of the FM FM2 FM2n FM2T breed and a couple F and F2 bodies
as well. For a number of years in the mid 1990's I shot with Leica R cameras
(which I relaced with my Nikon FMs)...I also own M gear.

The M is silky smooth, truly a jewel to use.

The FM FM2 et al is not quite as silky smooth but for the price of a $1200 or
so used M6 I can pick up a HALF DOZEN FMs or 2-3 FM2s and some awesome glass...

Probably opening a whole new discussion here but from REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE I
have found my Nikon FM/FM2/FM2T/F/F2 gear as reliable in the field as my M gear
and more reliable than my R gear AND in my experience in real world shooting
the Nikon glass is as god as the Leica glass and there is a heck of a lot more
of it and it is a fraction of the cost...